The United Kingdom is home to a thriving retail industry that encompasses a wide range of stores, from supermarkets and department stores to specialty shops and convenience stores. Shelf Stockers are essential in ensuring that these stores are well-organized and stocked with merchandise contributing to a positive shopping experience for customers.
Who is a Shelf Stocker?
A Shelf Stocker is an essential member of a retail team responsible for maintaining product availability on store shelves. Their primary role involves restocking merchandise, organizing shelves, ensuring accurate pricing, and assisting with inventory management. Shelf Stockers play a crucial role in optimizing the shopping environment and helping stores meet customer demand.
What is the Average Salary and Benefits Enjoyed by Shelf Stockers?
On average, Shelf Stockers can expect to earn approximately £15,000 to £20,000 per year depending on the type of establishment, location, employer, experience and the job role. Other benefits enjoyed include;
- Potential tips
- Overtime pay
- Flexible work schedule
- Health insurance plans
- Paid leave
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in monitoring inventory levels and reporting shortages or overstock situations
- Ensuring that store shelves are adequately stocked with products to meet customer demand
- Keeping shelves and display areas tidy, clean, and well-organized
- Providing assistance to customers by answering questions and helping them locate products
- Verifying price tags and ensuring accurate pricing for products
- Adhering to health and safety protocols of the establishment
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Basic communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Effective team player
- Effective time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good physical fitness
- Impeccable organization skills
- Pay a strong and keen eye to details
- Reliable and dependable