The United Kingdom stands as a hub of business and innovation with a multitude of companies, organizations, and government entities operating across various sectors. Administrative Assistants are the backbone of these entities, providing crucial support to executives, managers, and teams, ensuring the smooth flow of operations, effective communication, and efficient organization of tasks and events.
Who is an Administrative Assistant?
An Administrative Assistant, also known as an Office Assistant or Administrative Secretary, is an individual employed in offices, corporations, government agencies, or non-profit organizations to provide administrative support. They are responsible for a wide array of tasks, including managing schedules, organizing meetings, handling correspondence, maintaining records, and assisting with general office operations.
What is the Average Salary and Benefits Enjoyed by Administrative Assistants?
On average, Administrative Assistants can expect to earn between £18,000 to £25,000 per year depending on the type of establishment, location, employer, experience and the job role. Other benefits enjoyed include;
- Potential tips
- Overtime pay
- Flexible work schedule
- Health insurance plans
- Paid leave
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing appointments, meetings, and events for executives and teams
- Handling emails, phone calls, and official correspondence on behalf of the organization
- Drafting, editing, and formatting documents, reports, and presentations
- Managing databases, filing systems, and maintaining accurate records
- Coordinating office supplies, equipment, and ensuring a tidy work environment
- Assisting with project management and ensuring tasks are completed on time
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Exceptional organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of software application
- Pay strong attention to details
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Goal-oriented and passionate
- Reliable and trustworthy