Housekeepers are the unsung heroes of cleanliness and order in hotels, resorts, private homes, and various other establishments across the United States. They play a vital role in ensuring that living spaces are clean, comfortable, and welcoming.
Who is a Housekeeper?
A housekeeper is a professional responsible for maintaining cleanliness and orderliness in residential or commercial properties. Their duties typically include cleaning and tidying rooms, changing linens, sanitizing surfaces, and ensuring that spaces are visually appealing and ready for use. Housekeepers play a critical role in creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for residents, guests, or customers.
What is the Average Salary and Benefits of Housekeepers Jobs?
On average, housekeepers in the United States earn approximately $11 to $16 per hour, which corresponds to an annual salary range of around $23,000 to $33,000. Other benefits include;
- Overtime pay
- Retirement plans
- Paid leave
- Health and dental insurance
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Changing and laundering bed linens, towels, and other textiles
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing surfaces throughout the property
- Identifying and reporting any maintenance or repair needs to ensure the property is well-maintained
- Refilling toiletries, cleaning supplies, and amenities as needed
- Tidying up rooms, arranging furniture, and ensuring that items are neatly organized
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
- Good physical stamina
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks
- Able to stand for extended periods
- A strong and keen eye for details
- Efficient time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- A friendly and positive demeanor