Canada’s thriving retail industry is a vital part of the nation’s economy, offering a wide array of goods and services to its citizens. Grocery Store Baggers play a crucial role in this industry by providing essential assistance to customers during their shopping experience.
Who is a Grocery Store Bagger?
A Grocery Store Bagger is a retail professional responsible for ensuring that customers’ grocery shopping experience is smooth and efficient. Their primary role involves packing groceries into bags, assisting customers with their purchases, and providing general support to the store’s staff. Grocery Store Baggers are the friendly faces that customers often encounter during their visits to supermarkets and grocery stores.
What is the Average Salary and Benefits Enjoyed by Grocery Store Baggers?
On average, Grocery Store Baggers in Canada can expect to earn approximately $12 to $15 per hour. This equates to an annual salary ranging from $24,000 to $30,000. Other benefits include;
- Overtime pay
- Retirement plans
- Paid leave
- Health and dental insurance
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficiently and safely packing customers’ purchases into bags
- Assisting customers with locating products, answering questions, and providing a high level of customer service
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness in the store, including sweeping and cleaning spills
- Processing returns and refunds for customers
- Restocking shelves and ensuring products are organized and well-presented
- Retrieving shopping carts from the parking lot and ensuring they are available for customers
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Goal-oriented and passionate
- Good physical stamina
- Pay strong attention to details
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong interpersonal skills