The United Kingdom consisting of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland boasts a comprehensive public transportation system that includes buses as a primary mode of commuting in urban and suburban areas. To maintain the cleanliness and functionality of bus shelters, the services of Bus Shelter Cleaners are essential.
Who is a Bus Shelter Cleaner?
A Bus Shelter Cleaner is an individual responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of bus shelters. Their primary role involves cleaning and disinfecting bus shelters, removing litter, graffiti, and ensuring that advertising displays are in good condition.
What is the Average Salary and Benefits of Bus Shelter Cleaners Jobs?
On average, Bus Shelter Cleaners can expect to earn approximately £16,000 to £22,000 per year. Salaries may differ depending on whether the role is part-time or full-time as well as any additional responsibilities or specialized tasks assigned. Other benefits include;
- Potential tips
- Overtime pay
- Flexible work schedule
- Employees discount
- Paid leave
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting and disposing of litter, trash, and debris from the shelter and its surroundings
- Conducting basic safety checks to identify and report any maintenance issues or hazards
- Ensuring that advertising displays are in good condition and replacing damaged advertisements when necessary
- Regularly cleaning and sanitizing bus shelters including benches, glass panels, and flooring
- Removing graffiti or vandalism from bus shelters
- Reporting any significant damage, maintenance requirements, or issues to the relevant authorities or the employing organization
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
- Good physical fitness
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Pay a strong and keen eye to details
- Effective time management skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Effective team player
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Basic communication skills